The occasion is a current exhibition of Henrik Olesen, one of Denmark’s most important contemporary artists according to the programme.
My presentation is based on a talk I gave in the Fall 2010 Teknik- och Naturvetarcirkeln for Folkuniversitetet, but for the art museum I tone down the technical aspects and instead build the talk around a presentation of verious artworks featuring Turing, including:
- Some Illustrations to the life of Alan Turing, 2008, 16 computer printouts on newsprint. This piece is part of the exhibition in Malmö.
- Alan Turing memorial at Manchester, whose themes resonate well with Olesen’s
- Stephen Kettle’s Alan Turing at Bletchley Park.
- John M. Mill’s statue in Surrey.
- Eduardo Paolozzi’s series Turing Collection, see also Andrew Hodges’s comments.
There is more, including theatre plays, stamps, and scientific and political awards.
See you there!